Hints, Tips and Troubleshooting
Hints and tips to help you use the Data Sharing tool.
- The touring application for Data Sharing is unique to each user. If a user leaves an organisation then the users account will not be reassigned to someone else but they will have their own account set up.
- If a touring company would like to see a full audit of shares across their organisation they can request this from Purple Seven.
- Once a share has been redeemed and the data file open, it can not be downloaded again. The user would need to request a new share code from the venue.
- When you have downloaded the event customer data, you may find for each customer record some fields are blank. This will be due to the fact that the customer may have only given permission to share some of their data such as their email rather than their full details. This will be determined by the questions asked by the venue.
I have changed my phone and can't access my Data Sharing account
For security, the Data Sharing application uses two-factor authentication. This requires users to download the Google Authenticator app from their app store onto their phone. Once a Data Sharing account is created and registered onto the Google Authenticator app by scanning a barcode, each subsequent login will only require the 6-digit code, auto-generated by the authenticator app.
If a user changes their phone, the Google Authenticator app will need to be downloaded again and the set up process must be followed once more. This is also the case if the app is reinstalled (even on the same phone).
How to register your new phone:
1. email us to have your old user token deleted
2. go to Data Sharing to login
3. Login using your existing credentials (username and password)
You will be presented with a QR code to scan with your new phone. This will register the Data Sharing App on your new phone. Next time you login, you will be able to use the 6-digit number generated by the Google Authenticator on your new phone.